Porridge. It's never been that exciting. Even the word sounds a bit frumpy and sad. But this quick upgrade can turn that all around and satisfy those cravings for cosy food with a sweet kick.
Our seed cycling cacao porridge can be modified to suit gluten free with gluten free or quinoa oats and dairy free with plant milks. There are no refined sugars and no eggs.
This breakfast is especially welcome at menstruation - when we are craving sweet treats to boost our feel good hormones, serotonin.
- 1 cup of organic oats (quinoa oats for GF)
- 2 cups of organic milk (plant milk for DF & V)
- 1 Tsp of organic coconut nectar (Mineral-rich and Low Glycemic) or vanilla essence or natural sweetener of your choice.
- 1 heap Cloon or 1.5 Tbsp of Seed Cycle Blend FOL or LUT (we recommend your FOL)
- 1 Tbsp raw organic cacao
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp organic (unsweetened) coconut chips
- 1/2 a medium banana
- Pinch of sea salt
Extra Toppings (optional)
- Crushed almonds
- Sprinkle of hemp or chia seeds
- Dollop of organic nut butter
- Dried goji berries
- In a pot, stir oats and milk together over a medium heat until porridge is slowly bubbling. Feel free to add extra milk and cook to your desired consistency.
- Add coconut nectar, cacao, 1/4 of banana sliced, sea salt and mix well.
- Once combined serve in a bowl
- Top with your FOL blend and layer with remaining sliced banana, coconut chips and cinnamon. Add extra toppings if you wish, enjoy!
This quick and easy cacao porridge can give your hormones the love they are craving whilst menstruating. It can boost your mood when you're feeling blah and give you slow release energy to get through your busy day of being in bed. <3