Watch the reel here. This may be the most delicious way to healthily treat yourself whilst balancing your hormones. Here is why:
- Raw cacao powder is a superfood packed with nutrients like Magnesium, iron and zinc. Together, these 3 nutrients support mood balance, skin health and cycle regularity.
- This loaf is made with almond meal which is high in amino acids. This, along with the eggs and raw cacao, makes this treat quite high in protein and perfect as a mid afternoon snack to curb sweet cravings!
- This cake is also low on refined and added sugars which is great for those trying to balance their bloodsugars (commonly unbalanced in hormonal conditions like PCOS). Especially if you use sugar free maple syrup or apple syrup like I did!
- This loaf is dairy and gluten free for those with dietary requirements. Dairy free recipes are helpful for those with hormonal acne, because dairy products contain the A1 protein that is inflammatory and increases IGF-1, contributing to inflammed and angry spots.
Ingredients (organic if possible):
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed with a fork
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c Almond meal/ground almonds
- 1 c SCB LUT Blend
- 1/4 c Maple syrup or Apple syrup
- 1/2 c Raw cacao powder
- 1t Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 t Vanilla essence
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- Extra dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a cake or loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth and add in the wet ingredients (eggs, maple syrup, vanilla essence) and mix well.
- Add in almond meal, SCB LUT blend, baking soda, cacao and salt and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into your lined loaf or cake tin
- Top with optional extras before putting it in the oven.
- Bake for 50minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool on a cooling wrack for 10 unites before cutting
- Drizzle with your favourite toppings and enjoy!