Skip to content
Hazelnut and LUT Spread
- 250g raw hazelnuts
- 1/8c coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2T Dutch cocoa powder
- 1-2T melted coconut oil
- 1/4 c SCB LUT Blend
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray and spread the hazelnuts over it, making sure there is 1 even layer
- Roast the hazelnuts for 10 minutes, turning every 3 minutes
- When still warm, pour the hazelnuts into a kitchen cloth and rub away majority of the shells
- When still warm, blend the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Optional: Add more coconut oil to desired consistency.
- Transfer to a jar and enjoy! Spread on toast, over pancakes, or eat by the spoonful!
- This spread is packed with fibre and protein to help keep your blood sugars level, and there for your energy level throughout the day.
- Unlike most store-bought spreads, this healthier nut and seed butter has no harmful hydrogenated oils in it, which are known to contribute to hormonal imbalance.
- Hazel nuts are the base of this recipe, and they contain relatively high levels of vitamin E.Vitamin E supports your natural immune system and nourishes the skin!
Recipe designed by Naturopath - @taylamadenutrition you can book an appointment with her here.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.